The information that DavesPress.com gathers helps us optimize the website to facilitate your experience at DavesPress.com. These are types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter in our web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some features that the web site provides. We use the information to customize the website for the future to facilitate you on your visit and communication with us.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" that we store when you travel through DavesPress.com to improve your experience on the site.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information from other sources and add it to our site. For instance, if you send an email telling Dr. Dave how much you love his books, we may post that information on our website.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we store in your computer's hard drive through your web browser, to enable out server to recognize your browser and provide features like saving your ID so you have a quicker login.
The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent our site from storing new cookies, how can it notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable all cookies at once. It is up to you to decide if you want to disable or keep the cookie's feature for this website. We encourage you to use it to enhance your experience. If you elect not to allow cookies, you may find certain sections of the site will not work for you.
We work to protect your information while it's transmitted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you enter. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We only share the credit card information with a trusted third-party credit card processing company during the order processing. We do not store your credit card information on our servers. It's important for you to protect your information from unauthorized access to your password and your computer, such as spyware software and other people around you. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer. Just click on the "Log out" link in the left side of the website below the top banner.
Our website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to them.
We may display targeted advertising based on your personal information. Although, we won't provide any personal information to those advertisers. We do it to increase the probability of you being interested in the link or advertising (for example, user in BC who is interested in Polygamy).
- You can always chose not to provide some information, even though it could be necesary to process your order.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail from us, you can always send us a message telling us so.
- You can always disallow cookies from this website. Your web browser settings control whether you accept our cookies.
Kids are always welcome to visit the website. "Adventures of a Country Vet" series is a great read for children aged 10 and 110. The purchasing of products is recommended for adults only. If you are under 18 and want to buy a book, we strongly advice you to have an adult assist you through the process.
Information you give us.
You provide most information when you register an account or make an order. As a result of these actions, you supply us with information such as your name, address, telephone, e-mail, any questions or opinions expressed to us and financial information.
Information from other sources.
Every e-mail we send to you will be for a purpose. For instance, when you place an order through our online shopping cart we will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link you can click to check your order.
We go to shows constantly to sell books and we might ask you to give us your e-mail address so we can send you an e-mail when the next book comes out.